BRIEF PROFILE OF THE TOENDE RURAL BANK
Toende Rural Bank Limited was established in 2004 by the Bawku West District Assembly, the Toende Development Club and some opinion leaders in the District who were inspired primarily by the need for banking services for the Toende people. Government workers, farmers, private institutions within the Bawku West District lacked banking services and had to commute between Bawku Central and Bolgatanga Municipality to access banking services leading to loss of productive time and associated cost of transport and lives.
The bank has its headquarters at Zebilla, the capital of the Bawku West District Assembly, and two agencies at Bolga and Bawku
Ownership and Shareholding Structure
The shareholding structure of the bank is presented in the following table:
% OF SHAREHOLDING
Bawku West District Assembly
Six Women Groups
Felix Foundation of Belgium
Teogo Presbyterian Church
The bank currently has an eight member Board of Directors chaired by Rev. Bishop Dr. Jacob Ayeebo. The bank has staff strength of forty-two (42) and a 10- member management team in charge of the day to day activities of the bank.
The bank aims at inculcating banking culture into the citizens in the catchment area through the introduction of good banking products and flexible distribution channels, coupled with quality financial products to raise the standard of living of the citizens.
The corporate vision of the Toende Rural Bank Ltd is to become a strategic partner in the socio-economic development of the Bawku West District and the country as a whole by delivering the most efficient and leading banking services to our clientele.
The values that define us
Five-year forecast of the bank
The bank is focused on the following long term objectives:
- Retain existing customers, win new customers and increase the bank’s customer base by 80% by 2018
- Review and develop efficient microfinance and ‘Susu’ products and services by 2016
- Increase capital base by 250% through issue of shares to new shareholder excluding right and bonus issue by 2018.
- Expand the bank’s operations and bring on board economically viable communities in the catchment area of the bank.
- Increase deposits mobilization by 80%.
- Maintain a loans-to-deposit of 80%.
- Build the Human Resource base of the bank (staff, management, and the board ) for efficient delivery by the end of 2018
- To equip the bank with an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) and the needed ICT facilities for effective communication and delivery by 2018.
General objectives of the bank
The following were the long term intended objectives for the establishment of the Toende Rural Bank.
- To bring Banking services to the door steps of the Toende people
- To instil banking culture in the Toende people
- To Improve the standards of living of the people in its catchment area
- Support developmental projects in the communities in which it operates
- To become one of the leading financial services firm in Ghana whilst achieving satisfactory returns to our shareholders.